Apple has not only launched a brand-new iPhone 13 series but also a whole new line-up of iPads and Apple watch 7 series at its event held in California. The 9th generation iPad and iPad mini 6 are bringing a set of technology-driven features and upgrades. Apple claims that the new regular iPad is going to be 6 times faster than any Android tablet in the market. On the other hand, the brand has also unleashed a brand Apple Watch 7 Series with the largest display ever, IP6X dust-resistant design, and a lot more. The company brings a new wave of products for everyone.
So, let’s take a good looking at the brand new iPads and SmartWatch 7 series one by one.
What is new in the new iPads?
At its much-awaited event of the year, Apple finally revealed its new line-up of iPads with worth-waiting upgrades. The brand has introduced two new iPad models. The vanilla iPad and iPad mini.
The regular iPad specifications, variants, and pricing
- The 9th generation regular iPad features a 10.2-inch Retina display coupled with True Tone technology. This feature will help users to adjust screen color temperature as per the ambient lighting.
- It is powered by the A13 Bionic chip which arrived in iPhone 11.
- It also comes with a neural engine for advanced performance.
- There is also a brand new camera setup and features in the iPad regular series. It features a 12MP camera with an ultra-wide-angle lens. It also supports the Center Stage feature which is nothing short of a premium feature that came in the iPad Pro model. However, the rear camera is 8MP.
- The touch ID is still in the home button like earlier.
- It supports all prominent Apple accessories, including Apple Pencil 1st generation, Smart Keyboard, and 3rd party keyboards. In the earlier versions, there was no such support.
- It is shipping with a brand new iPad OS 15 that will bring multiple upgrades to the home screen and multitasking features.
- The new iPad 9th generation is coming in two variants, Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi plus 4G.
- It is bundled with a 20W USB-C power adapter for quick charging.
- The storage is now starting from 64GB and goes up to 256GB.
- The pricing starts from Rs. 30,900 for the Wi-Fi variants and Rs. 42,900 for the cellular variants.
The iPad Mini specifications, variants, and pricing
When it comes to the iPad mini then it is quite different than the new iPad 9th generation.
- The brand new iPad mini comes with an 8.3-inch Liquid Retina Display. The screen size is larger than the previous model.
- It is powered by the A15 Bionic chip which is reported to give 80% faster performance than the previous-generation iPad.
- The brand new iPad mini flaunts a 12MP ultra-wide selfie camera in the front and a 12MP camera at the rear. It also supports the Center Stage feature that is available in the iPad Pro series.
- The camera also comes with a True Tone Flash and supports Smart HDR, and 4K recording.
- The iPad mini 2021 also comes with stereo speakers, Wi-Fi 6, USB-C port, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- One can also get an option for eSIM and 5G connectivity on the go.
- The iPad mini also supports the Apple Pencil 2nd generation and comes with a 20W USB-C adapter for fast charging.
- The price for the Wi-Fi variant starts from Rs. 46,900. And, for Wi-Fi plus cellular variant the price starts at Rs.60,900.
- This time, the iPad mini comes with two storage variants, 64GB and 256GB.
- The brand new colors are Pink, Purple, Space Grey, and Starlight.
Apple Watch 7 Series specifications, variants, and pricing
Apple has also unveiled its much-awaited Apple Watch 7 series. The brand new watch comes in two variants, GPS and GPS plus Cellular.
- The brand new 7 series comes in 41mm and 45mm case variants.
- There is an always-on Retina display on the watch.
- There is 20% more screen area with thinner borders compared to the previous series.
- The new series will give you a blood oxygen saturation tracking feature with the help of an in-built Blood Oxygen sensor. Users can also track heart rate with the help of an electrical heart rate sensor.
- The new series 7 is also capable enough to detect atrial fibrillation and offer ECG reports.
- There is a watchOS8 on the new series 7 that comes with brand new features and upgrades. It also features a new upgraded app Mindfulness to elevate your mental and physical wellness.
- The watch can also monitor your sleeping patterns with some amazing features like sleeping respiration rate and sleep trends.
- There are two new faces given to the watch, Contour and Modular Duo.
- The best part is that the larger display will give you an extra larger font size and access to the new QWERTY keypad that you can easily swipe and tap with QuickPath.
- As per Apple, the brand new 7 series watch can offer 18 hours of active time on a single charge. And, it also claims that the watch offers 33% faster charging than the previous series.
- The brand new 7 series watch comes with IP6X certification for dust resistance, and WR50 rating for water resistance respectively.
- It also comes with a magnetic fast charger USB-C cable and offers support to all previous models of Apple wristbands.
- It is expected to arrive in India in a month at a starting price of Rs. 40,900/-